Friday, June 28, 2013

Zensah Athlete Samples: A Welcome Surprise Delivers

Zensah Athlete Samples: A Welcome Surprise Delivers

photo by Kathy VaughanBy Kathy Vaughan


I opened the box from Zensah and was delighted.  The colors of the Argyle Compression Socks were vibrant (Black/Grey/Neon Pink)  and the fabric (Neon PInk) of the Seamless Sports Bra was  buttery soft. As promised, there were no seams and the fabric between the shoulder straps was puckered. I thought it looked super comfortable from the beginning and I couldn't wait to try it on.


photo by Ras

     Zensah had offered to send Ras and I some samples after seeing photos of us in their compression calf sleeves in our blogs. They were impressed with Ras' triple Rim to Rim to Rim run in the Grand Canyon he accomplished in early May, and made contact with our blog's e-mail shortly thereafter. We were both surprised and we felt very honored. We looked at their website and chose a couple products each.  They were sent to us within a few days.


photo by Kathy Vaughan

     Yesterday I went on one of my favorite runs wearing the compression socks and the sports bra. I was excited to be out on my longest run since Pigtails Challenge 100 Miler, my first 100, which I had run over Memorial Day Weekend. I headed out my front door and down our ¼ mile long rugged driveway. My destination was the forest service road 1/3 mile away. The road doubles as a section of the Pacific Northwest Scenic Trail. Right now, the road is lined in fragrant, purple lupine and bright orange Indian paintbrush. The seasonal creek is running loudly alongside the road. The cattle have been released, the forest land acting as free-range territory, and oversized cow pies spot the road.


photo by Kathy Vaughan

     I felt happy to be running along, climbing the gradual ascent towards the divide at the base of Haley Mountain, 5 miles away. The climb has 900 feet of gain. The road felt soft and damp from heavy rains the previous days. I breathed in the nice fragrance of the wet grasses, wild flowers and dead pine needles.


photo by Kathy Vaughan

     I liked the way the warm socks felt over my calves.  The weather was drizzly, but not too cool. The socks were just right. At first, I felt tightness in my leg muscles as I began climbing the road, but I soon felt loose and strong. I had been experiencing some discomfort where blisters from Pigtails were healing on my feet and newer skin was still sensitive. With these nicely padded sock bottoms, my skin felt protected and I didn't notice any discomfort at all.  


photo by Kathy Vaughan

     My Australian Shepherd, Jesse ran along with me. He was enjoying getting out an adventure. I took a picture of him at Haley Divide, resting while I sat on a stump, enjoying the view. At 12 years old, he's still up for a good run. He stays ahead of me on the climbs and turns to look back for me occasionally, but I leave him on the downhills.  


photo by Kathy Vaughan

     The sports bra was perfect because I didn't notice it at all. There are no underwires to deal with, no hooks or clasps, no uni-boob look happening and no shoulder discomfort from straps. The fabric feels as soft on as it felt when I first got it out of the packaging. I have tried so many sports bras. I paid too much for 2 bras during the wintertime from a fashionable and popular ladies undergarment company. I felt like with their reputation, it would be worth trying their sports bras. I was incorrect with that assumption. They both fit awkwardly and painfully, wires and hooks both digging into me in all of the wrong places.


photo by Ras

     When I got back down to the bottom of the forest service road, I cut onto the single track trail that runs through my property. I found the trail through overgrown, wet grass and meandered under branches, heavy from the rain. My shoes got wet fast through these tall grasses and I could hear water sloshing around. My feet felt toasty warm inside my socks. I was more than happy with how these Argyle  Compression Socks had treated me on this  10 mile Haley Divide run.


photo by Ras

     I am excited about trying more of the Zensah products, such as their seamless compression shorts and more of their bright compression calf sleeves. Ras is trying out the ¾ High Compression Tights and the Ultra Compression Leg Sleeves in white.  I like how the argyle socks will match with most of my running gear I have now, but not quite!  I am grateful for these awesome samples Zensah sent us and I look forward to wearing this gear on many more great runs.


photo by Ras

No comments:

Post a Comment